[Opensim-users] OpenSim and Windows 2008 RC

Joshua Rubeck jrubeck1989 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:45:53 UTC 2012

Thanks for the info Fleep,

I have found no way to run Opennsim as a windows service either. I have
tested the same things you have after finally getting it to work on the
server.((Honestly IPSEC is a pain in the rear)). Fortunatly for us, we make
our own policies on account accessing, so I can share the access with the
other system admins, but I can see how that would be irritating to you.
Right now I am trying to get a currency module running at the request of
one of our clients. They are wanting their regions to have the currency
module enabled and to allow for land buying/selling so their students and
instructors can have parcels for their classes, instead of one region each
etc. This is proving difficult as it seems most modules that were available
have not been updated to 0.7.3. We are using DTLS/NSL MoneyServer for ours
since it seems to be the only one that will partially work but land buying
and Currency buying even as play money(IE what we need lol) wont work keeps
returning a DNS error no matter what we have tried. Do you have any
experience with this module or know a module that would work?