[Opensim-users] Can't start a running OS 0.7.3 config on a new Windows 2008 server

Kurt Reisler kreisler at mitre.org
Wed Mar 7 19:55:14 UTC 2012

[Because of mail server issues today, I am not sure if this went out or
not. If it did, please excuse the double posting - Kurt]

I am very confused.  I have been unable to get a freshly installed 0.7.3
running on a new server (Windows Server 2008).  In frustration, I have
copied a running, working installation from another 64-bit Windows 7
machine and installed it on the new server.  Both are running
standalone.  It should have worked.  Instead, I get the exact same
errors as I got with the vanilla install:

2012-03-07 10:46:05,124 INFO  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.ClientStackManager [CLIENTSTACK]: Attempting
to load OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.dll
2012-03-07 10:46:05,140 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.ClientStackManager System.TypeLoadException:
Method 'add_OnCompleteMovementToRegion' in type
'OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView' from assembly
'OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
2012-03-07 10:46:05,155 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load
one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions
property for more information.
    at OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.ClientStackManager..ctor(String dllName)
    at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateClientStackManager()
    at OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.RegionApplicationBase.StartupSpecific()
    at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific()
    at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific()
    at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup()
    at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

Application is terminating: True

It looks like there is an issue with
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.dll, which is present in the bin
directory tree.  Any suggestions why this would work on a Windows 7
platform and not on a Windows 2008 server?

Thanks in advance
Kurt