[Opensim-users] NAT update: NETGEAR routers

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Mon Mar 5 15:47:39 UTC 2012

My sim was failing to verify my IP when teleporting from outside.

2011-05-07 19:04:57,546 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.UserAgentService [USER AGENT SERVICE]:
Comparing 192.168.0.1 with login IP  and MyIP ; result is False

This is weird because i'm LAN machine 192.168.0.20, connecting to opensim
through the NAT loopback capability of my NETGEAR FVS338.

It appears that firmware release v3.0.3-17 (and possibly higher) has a bug.
The router presents the loopacked request with its LAN IP (192.168.0.1)
instead of its WAN IP.

Update v3.0.6-25 fixed the issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/fvs338_v3.0.6-25.img

If you got a ProSafe FVS338 or similar, check this.