[Opensim-users] General question about opensim vs secondlife server side performance

Vanish v at tgib.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 20:05:19 UTC 2012

It might just be network lag. When you log in for the first time, the
amount of data that needs to be sent to your viewer is substantial. (The
whole environment, your appearance and your whole inventory need to be
cached.) Once all that data got transferred, things are usually moving
much smoother. I'd open up the statistics window (ctrl+shift+1) and keep
an eye on the bandwidth.