[Opensim-users] Opensim 0.7.3 Diva distro problem

Fokides Aegean fokides at aegean.gr
Sat Mar 3 19:55:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A couple of months ago I posted a message asking for help on how to play
video and mp3 files in my regions (and not just in the SW region) while
using the Diva distro.

After many trials and errors and mostly by chance, I was able to do so by
doing the following:

1.       Create different regions as part of different estates

2.       Have as many RegionConfig.ini files as my regions

3.       Change CombineContiguousRegions to true in
\bin\config-includeDivaPreferences.ini file (I think that did the trick)

All worked perfectly well up till the recent upgrade to diva-r18222. Now
when I try to walk or fly from a region to another, opensim crashes (both
OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe and OpenSim.exe) with the following error(s):

2012-03-03 20:56:53,700 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:

APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence.get_Firstname()'.

   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule.Cro
ssAgentToNewRegionCompleted(IAsyncResult iar)

   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage
msg)

   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMess
age msg, IMessageSink replySink)

   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Obje
ct o)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

   at
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_Thread
PoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object
state)

Application is terminating: True

The interesting thing is that if I teleport from a region to another, the
application doesn't crash, but that's not a solution at all.

Is there a way to fix it or, more preferably, is there a way to play videos
and mp3s without the changes I mentioned?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos