[Opensim-users] MySQL query and number of agents online

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:15:31 UTC 2012

Wow, that sound great.  But, I am a bit of a dummy to php and that sort
of thing.  Is there a way to take this info and add a small window to a
web page on my apache server to show how many people are currently
online or maybe even who??

I am not a php programmer and not sure how to use php to query my
database the way you describe.  I am tring to keep my grid using the
root and what is available from opensimulator.org and its modules,
without going to Diva or simian, but would like a nice web stats display
on my web site.  Anything like this would be great help.

Thanks all of you for your time, I wish I could show more how much I
appreciate all you have been doing with this project.
InuYasha.

On 3/3/2012 6:08 AM, Clive Gould wrote:
> After a number of postings to the OpenSim forums (thanks especially to
> Diva and Justin) the fix was to get the standalone simulator to create
> and use a presence table, which could be queried.
>
> This was achieved by adding the following three lines to
> StandaloneCommon.ini and restarting the simulator:
>
> [PresenceService]
> StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
> ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
> ID=xxxx;password=yyyy;"
>
> The following SQL query then successfully returned the names of users
> currently online:
>
> select a.firstname, a.lastname from opensim.UserAccounts a,
> opensim.Presence b where a.principalid = b.userid

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.