[Opensim-users] Your Viewer and why?

Steven Salter ssalter at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 2 20:27:40 UTC 2012

There are a lot of viewers out there. I am not overly interested in going to SL except to see what marvelous things people are creating so I don't plan on using the SL viewer very often.

Imprudence is good  and apparently development may not be dropped now in favor of Kokua since they are forming two dev teams with 'onefang rejected' as lead.  However, I still get invisible terrain when I use the Mac version of Imprudence.

Singularity looks good as well and has an active dev team.

I thought Phoenix totally sucked since it crashed on me repeatedly (mac or pc) and often displayed strange error messages about spoofing and so on, regardless of whether I was on SL or on an OpenSim.
Firestorm seems quite good but it doesn't have a grid manager. Why didn't they just add in the one from Phoenix? *sigh*

CoolVL is ok too, I've just tried it a couple of times.

So, you see I'm flailing about here trying different viewers and being indecisive.

What viewer do you use and why?

thanks.
Steve