[Opensim-users] Why do I lose permission on my own prims?

Garmin Kawaguichi garmin.kawaguichi at magalaxie.com
Fri Mar 2 19:06:06 UTC 2012

Yes! That is not a bug but a normal behavior of attached prim as specified by Linden Lab. You don't need to use llAttachsomething to test it.

Test:

- Create a new prim
- Create 1 or more new script(s)
- Use the contextual menu to directly attach it to your right hand
- Detach it (not drop)
- Retrieve the prim in your inventory and rez it
- Examine the scripts: they are "no copy, no modify"

To avoid losing permissions, immediately after creating the script and before attaching it do as said Han Xu: set all permissions in the properties of the scripts.

GCI