[Opensim-users] osNpcLoadAppearance not updating attachments with 0.7.3 release

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 04:47:38 UTC 2012

If this is what I am thinking of; I believe this was intentionally
disabled at some point to prevent NPC attachments from conflicting with
your actual avatar's attachment states. I could be wrong though and am
thinking of something else =)

On 3/1/2012 10:43 PM, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
> After upgrading some of my sims to 0.7.3, function
> osNpcLoadAppearance() no longer updates attachments of avatar
>
> My config is currently:
> robust serverc7dd7b1 r17199 2011-11-06
> some sims withc7dd7b1 r17199 2011-11-06
> -> In those, the loadAppearance works well, attachment are
> added/removed/replaced as needed when loading a new notecard
> some test sims with new 0.7.3 release (connected to same grid)
> -> In those, the loadAppearance just updates clothes and body, not
> attachments
>
> In both configs, notecards are loaded correctly upon NPC creation.
>
> I can't check now if this bug is related or not to fact that robust is
> not yet updated
>
> Can anyone test  osNpcLoadAppearance  on a full 0.7.3 grid setup?
>
> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

OpenSim: 9 Region Standalone on 0.7.3 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3