[Opensim-users] LSL Second Life/Opensim incomptability list

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:31:51 UTC 2012

Well you told me to correct you if wrong.  I only have to say one
thing.  Old Hippo viewer worked great for exporting and importing, and
so far I can still log into SL with it.  It won't rez some textures, at
least right off, and your av might not show all the way.  My skin
usually ends up white, and some other small problems.

But I only use it temporarily and long enough to export one of my
builds.  When you spend a long time, sometimes days, getting that partly
sculpted, personally textured build all perfect, you don't want to do it
all over.  This won't take scripts, but with old hippo it seems to
gather all your home made textures and sculpty textures with the hippo
XML file.  Then come to opensim and import choosing the import with
textures options.  Now and then a SL corrupted texture might not make
it, but most do make it.

I found it very useful to grab all my personally textured and sculpted
trees.
BTW, when I say old Hippo, I mean Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3 (LL 1.23.5)
Apr 30 2010 22:08:16 (Hippo Release).

Good luck and hoping this helps you.
InuYasha

On 2/29/2012 8:55 PM, Wade Schuette wrote:
> Certainly, start here:     Gory details of which LSL script functions
> work and which don't are there.
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> Note -- various grids run different versions of OpenSim,  eg, 0.7.3
> was just released, and not all "OpenSim" worlds work the same way.
> Best to try things and find the forum for the one you plan to use.
>
> Basically,  (correct me everyone else where I'm wrong),  if you CAN
> export an object from Second Life,
> you can reassemble and reimport it into the OpenSim worlds.  Of
> course, it will lose all the textures on the way, retaining only shape
> and color.    Unless you created the texture you cannot export it from
> Second Life, and even then I'm not sure.
>
> BUT, of course, ALL SCRIPTING GOES AWAY too.
> Meaning, you have to go into each and every prim of every scripted
> object, find out which scripts are in which prims, copy them out into
> some text editor, recreate the object, go back to that particular prim
> of that particular object,  create a new script, name it correctly,
> and then paste the copied script from Second Life into the place, and
> save it.    Objects with multiple prims can have scripts in each and
> every one of them, different scripts, some running, some not.   To my
> knowledge, there is no shortcut, no way to export and reimport all
> scripts to the right place and right states .
>
> Even then, some scripts will not function correctly.  Usually the
> repairs, unless it involves physics, are just to do things like add
> curly braces where OpenSim expects them and Second Life lets you get
> by without them
> Such as, paraphrasing one with a cryptic error message:
>
>                    If (condition)  do x;   works in Second life, but
>                    If (condition)  {  do x; }  is required in OpenSim,
> even for a single line "do x" on the same line.
>

> GTG.
>
> Wade
>

> On 2/29/12 4:39 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>> Hello there,
>> As I am transferring my content from Second Life to Opensim, I am
>> wondering if there is some online document that collects a list of
>> known compatibility issues between Second Life LSL and Opensim LSL.
>> Let me know if there is one.
>> Thanks
>> Ramesh

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.