[Opensim-users] LSL Second Life/Opensim incomptability list

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:55:37 UTC 2012

Certainly, start here:     Gory details of which LSL script functions
work and which don't are there.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page

Note -- various grids run different versions of OpenSim,  eg, 0.7.3 was
just released, and not all "OpenSim" worlds work the same way.  Best to
try things and find the forum for the one you plan to use.

Basically,  (correct me everyone else where I'm wrong),  if you CAN
export an object from Second Life,
you can reassemble and reimport it into the OpenSim worlds.  Of course,
it will lose all the textures on the way, retaining only shape and
color.    Unless you created the texture you cannot export it from
Second Life, and even then I'm not sure.

BUT, of course, ALL SCRIPTING GOES AWAY too.
Meaning, you have to go into each and every prim of every scripted
object, find out which scripts are in which prims, copy them out into
some text editor, recreate the object, go back to that particular prim
of that particular object,  create a new script, name it correctly, and
then paste the copied script from Second Life into the place, and save
it.    Objects with multiple prims can have scripts in each and every
one of them, different scripts, some running, some not.   To my
knowledge, there is no shortcut, no way to export and reimport all
scripts to the right place and right states .

Even then, some scripts will not function correctly.  Usually the
repairs, unless it involves physics, are just to do things like add
curly braces where OpenSim expects them and Second Life lets you get by
without them
Such as, paraphrasing one with a cryptic error message:

                    If (condition)  do x;   works in Second life, but
                    If (condition)  {  do x; }  is required in OpenSim,
even for a single line "do x" on the same line.

GTG.

Wade