[Opensim-users] Two Diva Sims, two computers, communication difficulties

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:09:56 UTC 2012

I'm not sure I can help much since I haven't used Hypergrid for a long time.  However, I presume your setup is that both
of these servers are on the same LAN behind a firewall and you're connecting in with a viewer from a remote network
(e.g. over the Internet)?

Also a word of caution, I would still say Hypergrid is experimental (Diva, feel free to disagree with me).  I would be
very very cautious about using it in a 'business' context without understanding the full implications of having
Hypergrid active in terms of configuration complexity, management and security issues.  Unfortunately, I don't think
that kind of thing is really outlined anywhere since the protocol/architecture is still evolving.

On 21/07/12 03:24, DocSym wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have two servers running Diva's r18611.  One for business, one for fun.  I
> can get from the fun server to the business server and back again, but I
> can't get from the business server to the fun server, which is actually
> pretty critical to the plan for the business site.
>
> I can hypergrid out (tested with Craft-World) from the business server, but
> it can't locate my fun server when I search.  I double checked, they both
> list the (all lowercase) www address in myworld.ini and RegionConfig.ini,
> and both servers have the same configuration.  Both port ranges are
> forwarded in TCP and UDP through my firewall to their respective computers,
> and are both accessible from outside of my firewall.
>
> Like I said earlier, when I search from the fun server, I find the business
> server no problem. Port there, back, life is good.  It's just the other way
> around that has me stumped.
>
> Any thoughts?  I feel like I'm missing something pretty basic, and honestly
> feel dumb for asking.
>
> On a lighter note, I LOVE DIVA.. I spent weeks setting up a functional
> gridded opensim server with Robust from scratch by hand, and oh wow, was
> Diva the way to go.  I can totally do without Robust with the machines that
> I have running this.  Once I get this teleporting between servers thing
> figured out, I will be the happiest kid on the playground. (figuratively, of
> course)
>
> Cheers,
> Becky

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)