[Opensim-users] Two Diva Sims, two computers, communication difficulties

DocSym copper.cilium at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 02:24:09 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I have two servers running Diva's r18611.  One for business, one for fun.  I
can get from the fun server to the business server and back again, but I
can't get from the business server to the fun server, which is actually
pretty critical to the plan for the business site.

I can hypergrid out (tested with Craft-World) from the business server, but
it can't locate my fun server when I search.  I double checked, they both
list the (all lowercase) www address in myworld.ini and RegionConfig.ini,
and both servers have the same configuration.  Both port ranges are
forwarded in TCP and UDP through my firewall to their respective computers,
and are both accessible from outside of my firewall.

Like I said earlier, when I search from the fun server, I find the business
server no problem. Port there, back, life is good.  It's just the other way
around that has me stumped.

Any thoughts?  I feel like I'm missing something pretty basic, and honestly
feel dumb for asking.

On a lighter note, I LOVE DIVA.. I spent weeks setting up a functional
gridded opensim server with Robust from scratch by hand, and oh wow, was
Diva the way to go.  I can totally do without Robust with the machines that
I have running this.  Once I get this teleporting between servers thing
figured out, I will be the happiest kid on the playground. (figuratively, of
course)

Cheers,
Becky