[Opensim-users] Please don't judge

Drew Hart drewehart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:32:42 UTC 2012

okay, this is the second post.  Here is what I am getting at.  Stroker, the
creator of SexGen open sourced and gave full permissions to do whatever
with his creations when he left SL.  There was some dispute by his
partners, but they made a script that removes all the disputed animations.
Obviously, I can copy text for the scripts, but I would like to move the
animations to my personal grid.  I can see no way to do this.  I don't see
any moral or legal issues as he was very clear as to his intent to
completely open source it and I have removed the disputed animations - but
without the original files, it is no longer possible to export animations
even that have full perms that I know of if you are not the creator.  I
didn't want to say this because of the whole judgement/sex angle, but what
the heck.  Is there any solution to get those animations out of SL.  I am
sure I am not the only one interested in this - I don't plan to profit
(though I could by the terms of his release), just want to use them in a
grid outside of SL.  And there are other objects that fall into this same
category - person leaves SL, opens it, but without the original files, you
can't move them out of SL anymore.  Thoughts?  Thanks,

Drew