[Opensim-users] ToS and HG

Mimetic Core core at odosys.net
Tue Sep 13 15:52:46 UTC 2011

poor furries... ;)  to me, the easiest and most diplomatic/democratic
solution is for grids to enforce a default landing zone or telehub where
various descriptions of the laws, bylaws, restrictions, regulations or
other segregatory intentions can be presented to the newly arrived.
most RP sims have this in place and use posters, notecard givers and
automated inventory offers of "visitor packs" with all the pertinent
details.  the individuals can either leave or complain or break the rules.

the trade-off will be limiting the HG routing to a single point, but i'm
guessing that a grid looking to exclude a specific race or species from
their land will already favor a tightly controlled centralized entry point.

-core

On 9/13/2011 9:33 AM, Sarge Misfit wrote:
> I am wondering about how a ToS is dealt with when gridhopping using HG.
>
> For example, if a person creates an account on a grid that allows
> furries, and then that person HGs to a grid that does not allow them,
> how do you keep the person from unknowingly violating the new grid's
> ToS?
>
> Btw, nothing against furries, but some people do get freaked about
> them, so that just seemed like a good example.

  * English - detected
  * English

  * English

<javascript:void(0);>