[Opensim-users] Retaining correct creator/owner when moving OARs between stand-alone simulators.

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:57:48 UTC 2011

I agree with you!

I use the name "Karen Palen" on at least a dozen grids, each with
content that I have created on my private standalone. Often there are
local "tweaks" suited to the local grid.

Typically (but not always any more) the items were uploaded via Second
Inventory or a Viewer based XML file so the "owner" is the local
"Karen". In several instances recently though I have used hypergrid for
my standalone "Karen" to visit a "Karen" on another grid to transfer items.

Name collisions of this kind would be very hard to resolve even without
any "evil intent"!

Karen