[Opensim-users] Retaining correct creator/owner when moving OARs between stand-alone simulators.

Kurt Reisler kreisler at mitre.org
Fri Sep 2 17:21:19 UTC 2011

We have a number of stand-alone OpenSim 0.7.1.1 simulators.
Occasionally we have a need to move a region between simulators via OAR
files.

The problem is that when imported via an OAR, the owner/creator of an
asset are set correctly IF that UUID can be found in the database (we
are running all of them under MySQL).  If it can't be found, it defaults
to the simulator owner (me).  That means that I wind up owning all the
assets I have to move between simulators.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could change the UUIDs to be
the same on each of the simulators (in other words, what tables in the
opensim database need to be modified and what fields)?  Has anyone tried
to do this before?

I suspect I am going to run into the same problem with user UUID's when
I move all of the stand-alones into a grid configuration.

Thanks in advance
Kurt