[Opensim-users] Problems creating MySQL tables for XmlRpcGroupsServer

Volker Gaessler fe11 at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 21 05:34:55 UTC 2011

Hello Kurt, I had this same problem this week.

It is a character set problem. Your database has been created with utf8
character set. This charset uses 3 bytes per character. With 128 character
keys you get a problem in the combined key consisting in the three IDs
because MySQL only supports 1000 bytes max for keys.

The solution is to create the database with character set latin1 or each of
the groups tables. latin1 uses only 1 byte per character:

CREATE DATABASE `opensim` CHARACTER SET latin1;

or

CREATE TABLE `osgroupinvite` CHARACTER SET latin1 (
   :
) ENGINE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET latin1;

and so on for each table.

Cheers