[Opensim-users] Problems creating MySQL tables for XmlRpcGroupsServer

Kurt Reisler kreisler at mitre.org
Thu Oct 20 15:43:21 UTC 2011

Using Server version: 5.5.16 MySQL Community Server (GPL) under Windows
2008 server

Attempting to build XmlRpcGroupsServer from mcortez-flotsam-963d99e.zip
dated 10/18/2010 on my local server.

Seems that there have been changes made to MySQL.  Had to change "TYPE"
to "ENGINE" in all the other table build command strings.  All of them
worked except when trying to create the osgroupinvite table:

mysql> CREATE TABLE `osgroupinvite` (
     ->   `InviteID` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
     ->   `GroupID` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
     ->   `RoleID` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
     ->   `AgentID` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
     ->   `TMStamp` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
     ->   PRIMARY KEY  (`InviteID`),
     ->   UNIQUE KEY `GroupID` (`GroupID`,`RoleID`,`AgentID`)
     -> ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

Which throws the following error:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '(14)
NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY  (`InviteID`),
   UNIQUE KEY `GroupID` (`GroupID`,`R' at line 6

I am at a loss here.  Has anyone run into this before and are there any
suggestions as to how to get around it? I can not make use of the public
server at osflotsam.org for a variety of reasons.

Thanks in advance
Kurt