[Opensim-users] overwhelming OS 0.7.2 with TOO RAPID login

Ovi Chris Rouly maelzel at ieee.org
Tue Oct 18 15:54:47 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've recently started driving my OpenSim 0.7.2 with the OpenMetaverse 0.9.1.
The network I use is a dedicated 10/100Mbps switch with less than 10 meters
of cable between the OS server-side and the OM client(s)-side.

Question:  has anyone noticed that the OS server-side can be overwhelmed
quite easily (>6 avatars) if they all enter at the same time (<1sec)?  Does
anyone know the "fix" or "config" remedy?

Detail: On the other hand, I have no trouble supporting +25 avatars if I
start them one at a time and let each one completely rez.  Moreover, my OS
host (16 core dual-Xeon) has demonstrated the ability to reliably render +12
of the +25 avatars playing independent animations quite easily.

Thank you,

Chris