[Opensim-users] Does Imprudence need access to Vivox site?

Adric R McCabe.Maxsted at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 03:49:22 UTC 2011

The Windows installer does two things: checks for the C++ runtime and
installs it if it's missing, and gives users the option to associate
imprudence with secondlife:// urls. If you don't need either of these
things, you don't need the installer, you can just zip the installed folder
and distribute that (i.e. zip the C:\Program Files\Imprudence folder). The
viewer'll run fine so long as you have up-to-date 2005 and 2010 CRTs
installed on your machines.

Alternatively, you could create your own installer. All you'd need to do
would be to edit the Inno Setup installer template that's included in the
source
(linden/indra/newview/installers/windows/imprudence_installer_template.iss,
if I remember right).

Cheers,

-- McCabe