[Opensim-users] Flotsam Groups server code - PHP errors on deprecated functionality in phpxmlrpclib

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:53:11 UTC 2011

We just upgraded our Apache/PHP web server setup used to serve the
Flotsam Groups and offline IM functionality and see errors on
groups\phpxmlrpclib\xmlrpc.inc

>Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
>deprecated in ...\htdocs\services\groups\phpxmlrpclib\xmlrpc.inc on line 583
>.... many more ...

We switched the server side functions to an older server to restore a
working Openvue grid setup, but I assume others have seen this issue
in their setups if they have gone to later versions of PHP (e.g. 5.3.8)?

We can probably suppress the warning and make the PHP work again from
info on forums ...
http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37600&start=0&view=print

But before I start hacking, has anyone updated the groups module and
have a recent working version?