[Opensim-users] creating your own avatar

Garmin Kawaguichi garmin.kawaguichi at magalaxie.com
Sat Oct 1 08:26:52 UTC 2011

>> I uploaded the .dae mesh but noted that there is no option to open
>> Library -> Body Parts -> Alpha Masks.
> As noted in the LL Wiki that is an alpha Mask found in their Library; this
> mask is not in the Opensim Library. When the Mask is worn under SL and the
> avatar has detached all things, the avatar appears invisible.

I created (for OpenSim) an alpha mask like the SL invisible avatar.
It's free to be downloaded from:

http://www.magalaxie.com/upl/InvAvatar.iar

Put it in the folder Body Parts using Viewer 3 (in the OpenSim console :
load iar YourFirstYour Last / YourPswd thePathOfTheFileOnYourDisk)

Example to use it with the mesh Simple_Bot_001:

Rigth Clik your Avatar, Take Off, Clothes, All Clothes
Rigth Clik your Avatar, Take Off, Detach All
In the Inventory, right click Invisible Avatar, Wear
In The Inventory, right click Simple_Bot_001, Wear
if you need it, you can attach some accessories :)

GCI