[Opensim-users] [0.7.1] Maptiles not showing in Place Information window

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue May 10 03:00:45 UTC 2011

Basic map appears to be okay on 0.7.1, so I'm guessing that this bug manifests when there are actually objects?

In any case, I agree it would be good to do a 0.7.1.1 soon when the obvious bugs have been squished.  I'd be happy to
pump that out.

On 09/05/11 21:06, Diva Canto wrote:
> Unfortunately, it looks like some bugs affecting the map have crept in 0.7.1, as we moved to make the map work for
> Viewer2. I already fixed them in the branch 0.7.1-dev post-fixes. These bugs might be enough to justify a minor release,
> 0.7.1.1, in a couple of weeks.
>
> ---
>
> In the process of fixing these bugs, one important issue has emerged, pointed to by Teravus. When it comes to the map,
> it looks like the viewers behave strangely for regions whose coordinates are above 4096. Some important things they
> request below 4096 aren't requested above 4096. Yes, it's the 4096 viewer bug again, this time affecting more than just
> teleports -- the map itself.
>
> Specifically, above 4096, when you open the map you only see the regions -8 to +8 from your current region, even when
> there are regions beyond that. (This -/+8 value is a hack provided by OpenSim, because by default you would see only the
> current region and nothing else) This behavior can be seen in OSGrid, for example. If you then click on a tile beyond
> that -/+ 8 square, you get another -/+ 4 tiles around the one you clicked (again, -/+4 hack provided by OpenSim). In
> grids below 4096, the map behaves normal, you see all regions around.
>
> This worries me, as I think a functional map is a very good thing indeed. OSGrid being in 10000's, it pushes a lot of
> other worlds towards that number too, which means that none of those worlds above 4096 will have issue-free maps. And I
> hate to see hacks being introduced in OpenSim just to go around strange viewer limitations. So, I'm bummed with today's
> discovery.
>
> On 5/6/2011 10:18 AM, Jeff Kelley wrote:
>> In 0.6.9, when clicking on a hypergrid URI, we used to see this for an
>> on-line sim:
>> http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/place_ok.png
>>
>> or that for an off-line or moved sim:
>> http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/place_bad.png
>>
>> In 0.7.0.2, we had the swirling logo:
>> http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/openvue-map-hypergrid-256x256-plain-blue.jpg
>>

>> Since 0.7.1, I see only the question mark. Examples:
>>
>> Clicking secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue/
>> gives http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/dynamic_link.png
>>
>> Clicking secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000/
>> gives http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/static_link.png
>>
>> Statically linked regions (link-region) display correctly on my map.
>> Dynamically linked regions appear grey.
>>
>> Region (root) # show hyperlinks
>> http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002/ Openvue 202752,0 (792,0)
>> http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002/ Vue-5000 2046976,2048000 (7996,8000)
>> http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002/ Vue-9000 2046976,2048256 (7996,8001)
>>
>> What happens here? New issue or misconfiguration?
>>
>> Note: Tried to change GenerateMaptiles to true with no result.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc