[Opensim-users] OpenSimulator 0.7.1 released

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu May 5 15:56:56 UTC 2011

Great spot, Bernd.  On investigation, it turns out that I accidentally packaged and released 0.7.1-rc2 again instead of
the final 0.7.1.  D'oh!

Between the release code and rc2, there are two changes.  Firstly, a minor change so that the absence of a [Mesh]
section in config does not crash startup.  And secondly, increases to various timeouts for distributed intersim
communication.

I've repackaged and retested, so the 0.7.1 links will now point to the proper 0.7.1 release.

If you're already running a non-hypergrid 0.7.1 (actually rc2) standalone then there's no real need to adjust if you're
already using the code.  However, if you're going to use 0.7.1 to run a grid or an installation with hypergrid enabled
then it is probably worth redownloading.  There are absolutely no config changes, so whatever you've already configured
in OpenSim.ini, in config-include/ or in Regions/ can just be copied over as is (and any sqlite databases if necessary).
  Many apologies for this.

I've added a bullet point to check "show version" in my pre-release checklist now!

Regards,

Justin