[Opensim-users] How to turn off avatar account authentication

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 00:17:00 UTC 2011

On 01/05/11 16:18, Robert Klein wrote:
> I am currently upgrading my 0.6.9 standalone to 0.7.0.2 (Ubuntu 10.10, MySQL)
> and I want to turn off avatar account authentication. Can't seem to find it
> anywhere in the INI files. Anyone know how to turn it off?

As far as I can tell, this capability disappeared in 0.7.

In theory, one could restore it by creating a C# authentication service in OpenSim.Services.Authentication that always
returned a token (which is just a random UUID).  However, I don't know what the effect on inventory would now be for
'anonymous' logins (previously, the inventory structure was created on the first login).

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog