[Opensim-users] NAT & Corporate Firewall

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:11:48 UTC 2011

Hi Edmund,

Nod I've tried that permutation too, no luck.  Here are the combinations
I've tried so far:

Test 1:  InternalAddress = 10.23.23.x  ExternalHostName = 129.137.2.x
Result On-Campus: FAIL Result Off-Campus: FAIL

Test 2: InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0 ExternalHostName = 129.137.2.x
Result On-Campus: FAIL Result Off-Campus: FAIL

Test 3: InternalAddress = 10.23.23.x ExternalHostName = ucsim1.irc.uc.edu
Result On-Campus: SUCCESS Result Off-Campus: FAIL

Test 4: InternalAddress = ucsim1.irc.uc.edu ExternalHostName =
ucsim1.irc.uc.edu
Result: Opensim.exe crashes

Leaving at the default InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0 and ExternalHostName =
SYSTEMIP works for on campus users but not for off campus users.

Has anyone else run into this problem with a campus or corporate firewall?
 How did you resolve it?

Thanks again,

- Chris

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088