[Opensim-users] Avatar appears as cloud

Vanish Seriath vanish.tomorrow at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:02:12 UTC 2011

This happened to me a few times in the past. The only way I found to fix it
was to edit the database and delete all rows with your Avatar UUID from the
Avatars table. This effectively ruthes your avatar, and you can start
putting on your wearables again.

2011/3/26 Garrett Lynch <lists at asquare.org>

> Hi
>
> Logged into opensim today and my avatar will only appear as a cloud.  I've
> tried refreshing appearance in Imprudence, detaching all objects, removing
> all clothes, trying to use the blank avatar, renderunloadedavatar and
> testing the default avatars but I can't get back to my avatar or edit my
> appearance it simply tells me "can't change appearance until appearance has
> downloaded".
>
> I've also tried Phoenix and the same.  Is there anything else I can try to
> fix this?
>
> Garrett

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,