[Opensim-users] MySQL 5.1.55+ and OpenSim 0.7.0.2

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:02:32 UTC 2011

I edited the Configuration page on the wiki at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration#Database to include this
language:

MySQL 5.1 (fully supported). This is the recommended database for any use
beyond experimentation or small standalone applications. (There is currently
an unresolved bug_id=5294<http://opensimulator.org/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=5294>
 found when running OpenSim with MySQL 5.5 on Windows x64 systems.) *Some
users have reported problems with MySQL 5.1.55 and up with Opensim 0.7.0.2,
see** this thread<http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/OpenSim-1-7-0-2-and-MySQL-Versions-td6155064.html>
 for more information. The issue can be resolved by using an updated version
of MySql.Data.dll OR installing an older version of MySQL such as MySQL
5.1.52 <http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-5.1&v=5.1.52> with
Opensim version 0.7.0.2.*

Does that look ok?

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088