[Opensim-users] Tests in opensim - how to perform them...

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:41:25 UTC 2011

On 11/03/11 19:41, DutchGlory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all I want to thank Justin for looking at the "unknown user"
> problem.
> We need some kind of protection or "checks" that will keep all assets yours
> and creator if you made something.. (stand-alone or grid)
>
> now my question:
> there are a lot of tests within open-simulator, I'm looking for information
> on how to perform those tests.
> if someone can provide me information, please let me know...

The instructions for running tests are in TESTING.txt in OpenSim source distributions.  Essentially, on linux the test
suite can be run with the command

nant test

providing that NUnit is installed as well as the packages normally required to build OpenSim.  On Windows the situation
is more complicated.  This is detailed in the text file.

If tests fail then there is a recordable bug, either in the test itself or in the code it tests.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog