[Opensim-users] Voice and MOAP in the same grid?

Mike O'Brien Michael.T.OBrien at aero.org
Fri Mar 11 01:14:31 UTC 2011

Thanks for the answer!  So far I've seen lots of Web references to how
Viewer 2 does NOT work with Freeswitch, and no one specifically saying
that they've succeeded. Apparently the Vivox module changed somehow.
In fact if you log into OpenSim+Freeswitch with Viewer 2 having voice
enabled, you swamp the sim with console error messages until you
disable voice chat in the viewer:

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=5336&nbn=2

It'd be nice if someone figured out what went south here; it's a major
pain in the (^&(*& if you want both voice and MOAP.  I do have
Freeswitch working with both 0.6.8 and the current git head
(proto-0.7.1, 0.7.1RC1, whatever you want to call it)...but only with
Hippo or some other 1.X viewer.  I read Melanie's _cri du coeur_ about
wanting to get Freeswitch to talk properly to a grid (apparently it
works in grid mode only by accident, and if the "magic sim" goes down,
that's it for Freeswitch in all regions), but I'm not in a position to
help as I'm not a C# programmer, nor a Windows programmer.  I'm just
glad mono works on a Mac.

Sadly, we have a mix of platforms and can't depend on Mumble.  If it
were cross-platform it'd be great; I'm on a Mac, meself, and doubt
mono would handle the task.  Absent positive word on that, I lack
courage to try.

Mike O'Brien