[Opensim-users] Media on a prim test not working

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:13:42 UTC 2011

On 04/03/11 00:05, Mike O'Brien wrote:
> I'm hoping someone out there will know what's up with this, before I go bother the developers' list.
>
> We're keenly interested in the "Media on a prim" capability that's been folded into the development trunk of Opensim. I
> downloaded the head of the repository, compiled and ran it on an OS X server. It all seems to be running fine...except
> for the MOAP capability. The code's in the source - I checked to make sure I had the right stuff - and the call compiles
> and executes. However, it always returns status 0, even when I put garbage in the arguments, and even when the stuff is
> correct and runs correctly on the Linden grid, it seems to be a no-op in Opensim. Here's the script:
>
> default
> {
> state_entry()
> {
> integer status;
>
> llSay(0, "Script running" + " now");
> status = llSetPrimMediaParams(3, [
> PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS, PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS_STANDARD,
> PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, "http://info.aero.org",
> PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL, "http://info.aero.org",
> PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_INTERACT, PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_OWNER,
> PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_CONTROL, PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_OWNER,
> PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT, TRUE]
> );
> llSay(0, "Media status is " + ((string)status));
> }
> }
>
> It always returns "Media status is 0", and there doesn't seem to be anything active on any face of the cube I put the
> script into.
>
> Any ideas?

There was a bug where llSetPrimMediaParams() was not completely setting up the media texture data in the server.  I
fixed this in commit ec89527 just now, so please give that a whirl.  I tested this against the latest Linden Lab viewer
(2.5.1).

You'll also need to supply a valid url (http://info.aero.org doesn't currently resolve) and set PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY,
TRUE.  If you don't set the auto play, then the texture doesn't appear even if you manually set it afterwards.  I don't
know yet whether this is a server or a client bug.

Further bug reports are very welcome.  It looks like these script functions haven't been tested for some time.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog