[Opensim-users] Terrain over Multiple Regions

Tokeiito tokeiito at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:45:09 UTC 2011

there are two ways to change textures:
a. jump to each region and use viewer to do that.
b. use region console:

(citation from opensimulator.org):

<number> to<uuid>,
if <x> or <y> are specified, it will only set it on regions with a
matching coordinate.
Specify -1 in <x> or <y> to wildcard that coordinate.
Terrain texture 0 is beach/underwater and the number increases with elevation.
A typical arrangement might be sand for 0, grass for 1 and 2, and stone for 3."

where UUID is texture's UUID.

and do logout.

also, there is command in console:

"change region <region name> - Change current console region"

I dont want to be rude, but:

a. its really helpful to type in console "help" and examine what it gives;
b. its really helpful to use search in google like:
site:opensimulator.org  terrain texture
c. do a bit of experimentations ;)

" tried the link you suggested BEFORE asking on here, and I could not get
the sim to accept the png files..."

was there any error in console? or were you tryin to use png files in client?

Respectfully,

Tokeiito Imako