[Opensim-users] How to upload content created with Google SketchUP or Blender

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 04:27:31 UTC 2010

The term "3d content" covers a very wide range of things!

"NURBS" can be mapped to "sculpties" and uploaded as textures.

A "mesh" cannot be uploaded yet, but you should look at the work being done
by the RealExtend group on this front. See
http://www.realxtend.org/page.php?pg=downloads for more information. They
presently have both an opensimulator add-on and a viewer that handles
meshes. However it is in very early development. The viewer (Naali) and the
server (Taiga) are both available for Win, Mac and Linux.

Karen