[Opensim-users] Upgrading problem

Matthew Sable mdsable at umd.umich.edu
Fri Sep 17 19:24:40 UTC 2010

I'm attempting to upgrade our OpenSIM server from version 0.68 to
0.72.  First, I've followed instructions on how to backup and restore
resources from here:
http://www.osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1791

I've made modified scripts that essentially do the same job.  I then
copy my "Regions.ini" file to the new version and either copy my old
"Opensim.ini" file in OR add the following lines in the database
section (commenting out the SQLlite versions):

torage_plugin="OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
    storage_connection_string="Data
Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=*****;Password=****************;";

When I first run Opensim, it then throws a fit because all of the
prims are missing.  I then run the "restore.txt" script to restore the
assets.  The problem is I can't log in.  I check MySQL and the
database is still there with the user table, but I don't think the new
version of OpenSim is accessing it.  My current form of "backup" is to
simply copy the entire island folder but that doesn't allow for
upgrading the core software.  In that way, I still have a functional
version of the island in 0.68 but I'd like to know if I'm missing
something in making the transition to a newer version.  Thanks.