[Opensim-users] Windlight and LightShare in Opensim 0.7

Juliana Dutra kila01 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 13:57:39 UTC 2010

I have all that turned on and i am the region owner. Now I'll try enabling god
mode.

ty for your help :)

Julia

----------------------------

Hi Julia,  Contrary to popular belief, enabling OS functions is not an
invitation to be griefed, hacked, or cracked. Enabling lightshare does not 'open
up your system' in any significant fashion. The characterization of the
functions as concerns threat level was subjective, arbitrary, and inconsistently
applied.  If you really want to get this working, I'd suggest literally turning
everything on that may impact the situation, get it working, then start turning
things off until it stops working ;) then turn that last thing back on.  just
for grins, here's my settings, relevantly excerpted:   from the [XEngine] block:
; Allow the use of os* functions (some are dangerous)     AllowOSFunctions =
true      ; Allow the user of LightShare functions     AllowLightShareFunctions
= true      ; Threat level to allow, one of None, VeryLow, Low, Moderate, High,
VeryHigh, Severe     OSFunctionThreatLevel = Severe   from the [LightShare]
block:      enable_windlight = true;    Note also that scripts using windlight
functions can only be compiled by the region owner/master avatar. Once compiled
I think anyone can run the scripts ;)  Hope this helps! Cheers James    On Sun,
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Juliana Dutra <kil... at yahoo.com> wrote:  > OMG can't
believe I did that n00b mistake! > > Alas, changing it to true had no effect. I
even tried adding careminster=y > as I saw on an earlier thread. restarted the
server and same result as > always. > > Tried it with recent release too
(0.7.0.2), no change > > > -------opensim.ini-------------- > [LightShare] >
enable_windlight = true > > [XEngine] > ;Windlight enable needs os -- don't like
this At all!!! > AllowOSFunctions = true > AllowLightShareFunctions = true > >
OSFunctionThreatLevel = Severe > Allow_lsGetWindlightScene = true >
Allow_lsSetWindlightScene = true > Allow_lsSetWindlightSceneTargeted = true >
AllowMODFunctions = true > AllowCareminsterFunctions = true >
-------------------------------------------------- > > > Re: [Opensim-users]
Windlight and LightShare in Opensim 0.7 > > James Stallings II > Sun, 12 Sep
2010 20:12:47 -0700 > > > AllowLightShareFunctions = false > > Should be true >
> Good luck and enjoy :)

________________________________
Even opening my sim up to all kinds of os threat got me nowere
----------------------opensim.ini-------
[LightShare]
enable_windlight = true

[XEngine]
;Windlight enable needs os -- don't like this At all!!!
AllowOSFunctions = true
AllowLightShareFunctions = false
OSFunctionThreatLevel = Severe
Allow_lsGetWindlightScene = true
Allow_lsSetWindlightScene = true
Allow_lsSetWindlightSceneTargeted = true
AllowMODFunctions = false
-----------------------------------
This script compiles but gives me
windlight get: LightShare functions are not enabled.
--------get ls settings-----
default
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0, "Script  running");

    } // end entry
      touch_start( integer vIntTouches )
  {
        list wlist;
        list rules;
        list al = lsGetWindlightScene(wlist);
        string lal = llDumpList2String(al, ", ");
        llSay(0,lal);
        //works if lightshare enabled / how do you enable it ?
  } //end touch
} // end default

Any clues ?

PS: I favor the XML load approach. hate having the sim so open