[Opensim-users] 0.7.X and llSitTarget offset

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Thu Sep 2 05:26:07 UTC 2010

I've created an IAR with an example animation  that I made along with a
small pose ball script. It consists of 2 prims, one is the pose ball,
and the other is just a flat prim to make it easier to tell the
difference in height between OS versions.

Once loaded to OS it should create folder named Animation Offset Test in
My Inventory. Rez and unlink the two prims and sit on the pose ball,
reposition the ball for your avatar height until it looks like you're
sitting on the flat prim properly, stand, and then relink. Try the pose
ball on 0.6.9 and 0.7.X (r/12794 or higher) You might need to recompile
and then reset the pose script for it to work properly.

On 0.7.X you should notice a difference in height offset. (internally in
the script I set it to llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.0, -0.1>, ZERO_ROTATION); )
It seems to be behaving as if the offset were set to about -0.05 rather
than -0.1 as I intended for it to be. This will happen no matter what
offset I set it to, it seems to shave off, or add depending on if
positive or negative, about 0.05 m.

This happens no matter what animation I use and also regardless of what
scripts I use. (I've tried the open source MLP, Some various open source
simple pose ball scripts I've found on SL, nPose, and I even scripted a
pose ball script myself with the same results).

This was tested on Windows XP (32-Bit), .NET, with MySQL database setup.

Link to IAR: http://www.mediafire.com/?oz2c16hx35zvfk8