[Opensim-users] moving large build from opensim to Second Life

Jason Shipley shipley.jason at aliensignals.com
Sat Oct 23 16:20:08 UTC 2010

Just remember, any prims created in grids supporting sizes larger than
10x10x10 will snap to that size when imported to SL.  The only way to work
around this is to find megaprims from the usual sources in SL (or use this
site: http://prims.streamgrid.net/, or grab this hud:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SALT-Free/334272) and replace the
ones that have shrunk to the default SL limit.

Imprudence will in fact export textures along with the objects
themselves.  You'll wind up with an XML file containing the prim info and
a series of encrypted image files, one for each texture (I believe they
are JPEG2000 files).  Once in SL, you must select "File > Import + Upload"
which will push the textures up along with the prims and re-apply them.
Each texture will, of course, co$t you 10L to upload ;(

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:34:46 -0500, Dorie Bernstein
<dorie.bernstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been able to import/ export objects complete with textures. Try
> soft
> linking for things you can't link. I use Pheonix without trouble.
>
> Dorie Bernstein
> On Oct 23, 2010 10:13 AM, "Brooks Boyd" <boydb at midnightdesign.ws> wrote:
>> The Imprudence third-party viewer allows importing and exporting, though
> not
>> textures. If you are the creator of the object, it adds an "export"
>> option
>> to the right-click menu, and during building you can import the model. I
>> don't think it's an OpenSim OAR file it exports, but something it
>> understands. But it can connect to OpenSim and SL grids. So, you could
>> use
>> that viewer for a session to export/import once done, and go back to
>> your
>> other viewer afterward.
>>
>> http://imprudenceviewer.org/wiki/Downloads
>>
>> Brooks