[Opensim-users] re-why not a real OS?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 03:28:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 21:19 -0500, James Stallings II wrote:
> Don't let the operating system religous trolls get ya Chris ;)
>

> I'm a die-hard *nix man, but I generally prefer to deploy OpenSim on
> windows because mono blows goats.

What are the disadvantages of using mono under Linux as opposed to using
Windows as a server?? I'm new, but after configing mysql, mono compiled
opensim and it fired immediately up, after the initial Q&A bit. That did
surprise as well as tickle me the heck out of me. It responds better
than Wonderland under Java, which I also have on my system.

Inquiring minds want to know. Ric

Linux user# 44256