[Opensim-users] are there better landscaping tools?

Serendipity Seraph sseraph at me.com
Tue Oct 12 09:04:31 UTC 2010

I am on 0.7.0.2 but have seen similar behavior for several releases.  The standard landscaping tools seem really rough.  For instance, attempting to lower a small are I selected caused adjacent areas to go all spiky.  Applying flat to them seemed to make the ground do this weird bubbly dance. I have tried various strength and size settings to little avail.  What I am trying to do is to create a pretty much round 30 m or so pool on the land.  The edges don't have to be perfect as I have a set of round marble surrounding steps.  Pretty when it works.  It isn't so bad to do this in SL.   But I am having a devil of a time getting the landscaping just right in OpenSim.   Are there better brushes or some tricks of the trade short of building a terrain map in Photoshop or something?    I also use a Space Navigator in my setup.  Don't know if that would make landscaping act worse or not.  Doesn't seem to make much difference when I turn it off.

- seren