[Opensim-users] greetings

John "Pathfinder" Lester john.e.lester at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:53:52 UTC 2010

Hiya,

I've recently joined this list and just wanted to say hello and
introduce myself.

>From 2005-2010 I worked at Linden Lab, where I was known as
"Pathfinder Linden."  My focus was on educational uses of Second Life
and supporting the community of academics and teachers.  Linden Lab
laid me off back in March.

I've started using Opensim recently, and I think the future
possibilities of this platform far exceed anything else that's out
there.  I want to help make that future happen, specifically for
educators and academics interested in an open source and truly
interconnected virtual world.

If you'd like to read more about my thoughts about virtual worlds and
Opensim, please take a look at my blog:

http://becunningandfulloftricks.com

Take care,

-John "Pathfinder" Lester

John E. Lester
Mobile: 617 910 0386 | Twitter: @Pathfinder
Blog: http://becunningandfulloftricks.com

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry