[Opensim-users] Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt gary at westmont.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 16:28:25 UTC 2010

I'm using http://MorpheusGrid.com:8000 , although I have also tried the ip
address. (imprudence viewer btw)

In the Opensim console, I can watch the login process taking place, it
correctly finds my avatar in the database, and confirms that the password
hashes are the same. I recognise my incoming ip address, and the IP address
of the server it's directing the request to. Then it fails as described in
an earlier post.

The viewer/router setup is unchanged from the Diva Distro 0.6.9 that I was
sucessfully  running before the upgrade, and when I restore to a 0.6.9
backup , it all runs ok.

In my mind, the fact that the sim software connects to the database (through
the robust services) , and sucessfully finds my avatar, and validates the
password ok, implies that the various paths are made correctly.

One other point I noticed when playing further. When I login, the console
says (approximately) "no default sim set, looking for a nearby sim", but I
definitely have a default sim set in the .ini. ( Idon't mean this to confuse
matters, but it might help knowing this)