[Opensim-users] Out of Memory Exception on IAR Save?

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Thu Nov 25 11:22:18 UTC 2010

I agree with the no space convention on Linux/UNIX machines. Used to run
OpenSim on Linux myself and I was very particular about not having
spaces in my directory paths simply because spaces really fudged up
directory navigation via command line; but on Windows it doesn't seem
quite that picky about spaces in the directory path (especially if
you're executing the server from explorer as opposed to from the command
line).

I've been running OpenSim on Windows from C:\Documents and
Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS 069 Post Fixes\bin for a while now
(about 7 months after moving OpenSim from Linux to Windows [to that
directory]) and I haven't had any trouble with IAR saving up until just
recently within the past few weeks.

Nothing's changed in the way I manage the server or save my IARs (I
always save the iar to C:\inventory.iar and then move the IAR file to
another directory manually after it saves completely.)