[Opensim-users] llGetLinkPrimitiveParams

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 20 03:47:27 UTC 2010

A quick bit of curious digging does indicate that the PRIM_DESC constant is very recent, possibly only present since summer.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5171

I would suggest trying the Imprudence viewer - Hippo has not been updated for quite a while now.

On 20/11/10 03:31, Moundsa Mayo wrote:
> Well, if the editor in the specific viewer in use does not support some particular LSL functionality, then the script
> cannot be compiled and the bytecode transmitted to the simulator.
>
> I entered and attempted to compile this script in Hippo V1.23.5:
>
> default
> {
>
>      state_entry()
>      {
>          list lParams = llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(0, [PRIM_DESC]);
>      } // state_entry
>
> } // default
>
> and elicited the error message:
>
> (5, 52):  Error CS0103:  The name `PRIM_DESC' is not defined in the current context
>
> meaning that this Hippo version does not recognize the constant in its parser.
>
> As Justin has indicated this functionality is implemented in the current OpenSim version, it now a reasonable response
> to seek an OpenSim-compatible viewer that does support the desired capability.
>
> Perhaps that viewer will also be capable of transmitting an LSL source file of greater than 64KB characters.
>
> --
> Moundsa
>

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Serendipity Seraph <sseraph at me.com <mailto:sseraph at me.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Nov 19, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Jor3l Boa wrote:
>
>      > Or was a viewer 2.0 bug :s
>
>     LSL functions have nothing to do with viewers.  Scripts run server side.
>
>     - s

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc