[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 31

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 03:16:14 UTC 2010

On 17/11/10 03:07, Ai Austin wrote:
> At 02:54 17/11/2010, opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de wrote:
>> From: Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
>> The ultimate solution here might be to bundle these in a 'downstream' distribution which uses OpenSim as a base and
>> targets a particular use case (e.g. new users). OpenSim itself is already very difficult to maintain and doesn't have
>> the ultimate goal of being an out-of-the-box project. Our current situation is something of a compromise.
>

> Yes, I understand that Justin.
>
> But maybe collecting together the "working" versions of the key modules and providing direct download zip files of the
> ready checked out and/or compiled version could help?

This is a little bit of what I was trying to do with the OpenSimulator feature matrix

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Matrix

where features such as Groups have links to the known modules and some information about them,

But I'm sure there's room for improvement.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org