[Opensim-users] trying to set up freeswitch

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:47:21 UTC 2010

 >> We were using FreeSwitch 1.0.4 on Winodws Vista 32 bit OS for
Freeswitch and Opensi,.xex.

I stand corrected.  Its more complicated and we could not get 1.0.4
working it seems.  I added notes on what we actually used on the Wiki...

We used Windows Vista 32 bit OS for the host for the FreeSwitch service.

Attempts to use the FreeSwitch 1.0.4 standard release failed. We have
not yet tested FreeSwitch 1.0.6 but will do so shortly and report here.

With help from Olish Newman of New World Grid, who uses FreeSwitch on
some of the regions on that grid, we use a precompiled version of
FreeSwitch built from sources 1.0 Trunk (13754M). A copy is available
as a .msi (Microsoft Windows installer) along with read me notes
already contributed to this Wiki page here...

I put all this info as notes in a section at the bottom
of  http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module