[Opensim-users] Need help setting up Simiangrid

Chris Collins chris at tipodean.com
Tue Nov 16 00:03:37 UTC 2010

Hi James,

Great work by the way, I am a big fan of simian. So maybe I am calling where
the error is incorrectly, the instructions say put it in the root but then
on the setup in gridfrontend one default URL for your grid puts in a
"/simian/" and if I look at the install.php it is hardcoded in there.  My
gridfrontend page looked the same as gcrim until I changed that. Also you
are right there are a couple others, but once you are up and running it is
really sweet.

Chris

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM, James Stallings II <
james.stallings at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> /simian/ in the path is only 'wrong' if the package is unpacked into the
> server root instead of in a folder inside the server root called 'simian'.
> There is not an issue with the installer (not there anyway heh).
>
> You can trust me, as I wrote the migrations code for the installer and am
> more than passingly familiar with it, as well as the new documentation that
> will be provided with the upcoming new release:
>

> http://code.google.com/p/openmetaverse/wiki/NewInstallPage?ts=1288144587&updated=NewInstallPage
>
> Best of luck and best regards,
> James
>

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Chris Collins <chris at tipodean.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi I have recently gone through the process of setting up simian a few
>> times last week and found a couple of gotchas.
>>
>> when I visit this: http://koolpheller.dyndns.org/GridFrontend/ and it
>> does not give me the graphics I know there is a problem. This is probably
>> because there is an error in the simian setup (this is not your error it is
>> a typo that has made its way in).
>>
>> Redo the GridFrontend setup when you get to the page that has all the urls
>> you want to use one of the lasts ones will have /simian/ as the entry. This
>> is wrong and you need to make sure that is out of there.
>>
>> let me know when happens after you do that, you need to make sure that the
>> front end link will look like this: http://184.72.240.55/GridFrontend
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM, gcrim <gregcr1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I guess I should have mentioned up front that koolpheller.dyndns.org is
>>> my
>>> grid's external DNS, which is probably obvious from the examples I gave.
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> --
>> Chris Collins