[Opensim-users] NPC Persistence: Where should the list/dictionary of NPCs go in class structure?

bodzette Coignet bodzettecoignet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 22:45:50 UTC 2010

Since NPCs should have a life of their own outside the scope of
scenepresence of each human user, I need to pick the right spot to give them
persistent state.

Thus: the wrapper class that holds state information for the list of active
NPCs needs to be instantiated somewhere in the class hierarchy, but where?

My own guess for where this should go is
OpenSim::Region::Framework::Scenes::SceneGraph

Any OpenSim devs with a better handle on the structure of OpenSim have an
opinion on this or should I just hack it out for now and ask this question
later?