[Opensim-users] Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Marcus Llewellyn marcus.llewellyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 03:27:52 UTC 2010

I really, really love being able to use and test the latest features (and
bugs) over on OSgrid. And since just about anyone can connect to OSgrid,
policing a uniform simulator version is pretty difficult. Even with notices
via the OSgrid web site, Twitter, etc, far too many sim operators fall
through the cracks. For many OpenSim based grids that don't allow just
anyone to connect, this is a non-issue, of course.

Perhaps it's time to consider a feature request for adding something to the
grid services that queries simulators for their version, and refuses a
connection to those that are incompatible. I imagine there being minimum and
maximum version requirements, and a clear console/log message conveying
those to a refused connection.

Seems to me that for those grids wishing to be more web-like in nature and
less walled gardens, this could be pretty useful.

Marcus