[Opensim-users] Desktop sharing in OpenSim

Huang Weiming hwmhere at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:26:09 UTC 2010

Hi,Dinuka Thilanga

    Do you wanna share all your desktop or just the screen show ? that's
much different.

You will not allow the audience to control your desktop, I think.

There are some ways:

1.Maybe we can use virtual live camera to capture the screen.  Upload
to webcasting lively, audience click to view. It will cost much bandwith
but can mix many things like the sound

2.If onle slide, maybe that's better , cause we can upload the slide first ,
then when the lecture going with some action like using arrow key, just send
the abstract action in message, Like the most implementation and easy to do.

it's interesting if you achieve, please tell me. Thank you.

2010/3/25 දිනුක තිලංග <bbelekkaya at gmail.com>

> I want to share my desktop with openSim.
> Actually I want stream presentation (which is already presenting in
> lecture's laptop and project screen) in slid bord.
> lecture is presenting in his laptop. not as opensim client.
> If lecture go to next slide using arrow key, slid bord should be change.
> I think it can trying desktop sharing.
> did Anyone already done this case? please replay me.
>
> --
> Dinuka Thilanga

Best Regards

Huang Weiming  ( Kimmy Sicling)